Computer Support Technician
The Computer Support Technician must:
• Ensure the proper operation and maintenance of computer hardware and software.
• Respond to IT support requests from internal and external users (communities, partners, etc.),
analyze their troubleshooting needs, identify problems, and provide appropriate solutions.
• Install, maintain and update operating systems and applications on the organization’s equipment.
• Process calls and service tickets, prioritize them, process them on time and continuously update the
• Advise, support and train users so that they can effectively use the IT tools that are made available
• Coordinate equipment maintenance and loans.
• Monitor and describe information technology incidents and, if necessary, escalate or reassign them.
• Maintain inventory of computer hardware and software.
• Administer telecommunication systems (IP telephony, websites, videoconferencing systems, etc.).
• Develop and update procedures, tools and training or participate in their development.
• Collaborate in all activities of the sector:
• Install, configure, update and maintain information technology hardware and
services (Microsoft 365, Azure AD, VPN, firewall, VoIP, Citrix, etc.).
• Develop and revise policies, processes and mapping related to computer security.
• Ensure monitoring activities in terms of customer service and maintenance automation in order to
suggest areas for improvement.
• Contribute to the achievement of the objectives of the sector and promote the maintenance of a
work climate based on mutual assistance, respect and collaboration (respect for procedures, values,
information management, etc.).
• Support the organization’s mission by making use of their expertise in carrying out projects (one-off
or special), events and activities on behalf of the FNQLHSSC as well as with partners and external
Required experience and qualifications
Prerequisites and hiring conditions
• Collegial diploma in computer science.
• One or two years of experience in computer support and system administration.
• Knowledge of network management and IP telephony management.
• Knowledge of Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 to 2019.
• Knowledge of macOS and Linux is an asset.
• Knowledge of a deployment and support system.
• Knowledge and understanding of First Nations cultures.
• Knowledge of Microsoft 365 and its administrative tools (PowerShell, Endpoint Manager, Exchange
admin center, Azure AD, etc.).
• Excellent command of one of the two official languages and the other at a functional level.
• A valid driver’s license.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good communicator and ability to
• Good ability to identify and manage
• Proactivity and creativity in the search for
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Good listening skills and patience.
• Good capacity for analysis and synthesis.
The gross annual salary ranges from $50,268.40 to $61,971.00 and varies depending on the candidate’s
As soon as possible.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION!
Send your curriculum vitae along with a cover letter no later than 4:00 p.m. on June 05, 2023, to
the human resources department by mail or email to:
First Nations of Quebec and Labrador Health and Social Services Commission
250 Place Chef-Michel-Laveau, Suite 102
Wendake, Quebec G0A 4V0
*Only selected candidates will be contacted.
The FNQLHSSC prioritizes applications from the First Nations and Inuit.
Job posting period
Until 2023-06-05 at 10:30
To submit a job offer, internship or training, fill out the form.
Commission de la santé et des services sociaux des Premières Nations du Québec et du Labrador
Karyna E. Beaulieu