Bilingual Business Development Manager, Indigenous Entrepreneurs
About Futurpreneur Canada
Futurpreneur Canada has been fostering the entrepreneurial passions of diverse young entrepreneurs across Canada since 1996. We’re the only national, non-profit organization that provides financing, mentorship and resources to aspiring business owners aged 18-39. More than 17,700 young Canadian entrepreneurs, spanning every province and territory, have successfully launched their business with Futurpreneur’s support. Their main street businesses help drive Canada’s inclusive economic prosperity in communities from coast to coast to coast.
Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of Youth Business International, and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Our Purpose (why we exist): To drive inclusive Canadian prosperity by fostering the success of young entrepreneurs.
Our Mission (what we do every day to achieve our purpose): To provide early-stage financing, and mentorship, alongside experiences and resources to help diverse, aspiring entrepreneurs aged 18-39 launch successful businesses that contribute to sustainable and inclusive economic development, in their communities and for Canada.
Our Values (how we work – our core principles & commitments): We are mission-driven, collegial & collaborative, diverse & inclusive, and accountable & transparent.
Here’s the opportunity: Bilingual Business Development Manager, Indigenous Entrepreneurs
Reporting to the Director, Indigenous Entrepreneur Startup Program (IESP), you will connect young francophone Indigenous entrepreneurs to the business planning support, start up financing and mentorship they need to successfully launch businesses. In this role, you will also connect with and recruit Indigenous mentors for the young entrepreneurs we support and work collaboratively with Aboriginal Financial Institution (AFI) members of the National Aboriginal Capital Corporation Association (NACCA) network and other community partners.
The Bilingual Business Development Manager, Indigenous Entrepreneurs will be responsible for the delivery and facilitation of programs and workshops to our entrepreneurs, in both English and French across Canada and in various communities.
This is a permanent, full-time position that can be located in Manitoba, Quebec or New-Brunswick. The incumbent will be working remotely or will be located at one of our offices, depending on the location, working on our hybrid work model. This role will require frequent travel in different provinces across the country, with at times travel to remote areas.
What you will do
Business Development 50%
• Act as Futurpreneur’s main point of contact for young francophone Indigenous entrepreneurs
• Facilitate informal gatherings with Indigenous young entrepreneurs to discuss and learn about small business development
• Support young, Indigenous entrepreneur leads by reviewing their business plans and cashflows and supporting them through the application stage of the process
• Promote awareness of Futurpreneur and partner programs to young Indigenous people to increase participation of potential young entrepreneurs by delivering seminars, attending tradeshows and special events
• Promote Futurpreneur programs and updates through local social media platforms
• Attend and coordinate events that provide the opportunity to engage prospective mentors
• Identify, recruit and onboard volunteer mentors within the community
• Communication with Futurpreneur client services regarding fulfilling mentor gap
• Supporting the Director, Indigenous Entrepreneur Startup Program, in building and maintain strong relationships with Aboriginal Financial Institutions and other community partners in Quebec,New Brunswick and Nunavut to support young, Indigenous entrepreneurs access start up resources, support and financing
• Manage relationship with local NACCA partners, Aboriginal Financial Institutions and others in the community, as well as grow the number of community partners if and where appropriate
• Attend and coordinate events that provide the opportunity to engage formal community partners
• Identify potential partners through research, events, networking and referrals
• Manage inquiries from potential new partners
Program delivery & facilitation 50%
• Deliver programming, webinars, bootcamps, workshops in both French and English to entrepreneurs educating on essentials of a business plan; key elements of a business launching process (idea stage to business plan completion), cash flow forecasting and budgeting, as well as financial literacy.
• Collaborate with Futurpreneur’s Programs and Marketing and Communications team on translating and customizing IESP curriculum from English to French.
• Deliver customized workshops to Indigenous youth and young entrepreneurs across Canada, both online and in person within community.
• Recommend and present Futurpreneur resources and programs to entrepreneurs during workshops, presentations and seminars.
• Collaborate with and support Futurpreneur’s Programs team to schedule events, coordinate production, manage timelines, monitor quality, track attendance when needed.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by May 22, 2023.
Please click on the link below: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/77132
What we offer:
Futurpreneur offers you the opportunity to work for an organization with a clear and compelling purpose – To drive inclusive Canadian prosperity by fostering the success of young entrepreneurs. Respect, teamwork, diversity and inclusion, transparency, empathy, impact, innovation, high performance, recognition and working hard and having fun are important to us!
We offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, amazing benefits such as, health and dental benefits package plus RRSP contribution matching, health spending account, flex hours and more.
Futurpreneur Canada is committed to an inclusive, equitable workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We embrace the unique perspectives and experiences within our team. Reasonable accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process
Required experience and qualifications
What you will have:
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle (40% of this role includes local and provincial travel)
• Relevant experience may include education with a focus on business administration, economic development, entrepreneurship or equivalent hands-on career experience
• 3 years of experience in sales, start-up business development or economic development position
• Experience working with entrepreneurs or business start-ups, business plans and cashflows is considered a strong asset
• Demonstrated experience in facilitating program presentations, workshops and webinars along with excellent presentation skills
• Bilingualism in French & English (spoken & written)
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the barriers and opportunities experienced by young Indigenous entrepreneurs and Indigenous-led and Indigenous-focused community organizations
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to influence
• Strong customer focus with the ability to work with volunteers
• Proficient with computer skills; experience with a Customer Relationship Management system is required
• Confident, proactive and self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
• Team Oriented
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to adjust quickly to change and problem solve, where required
• Knowledge of trends within the entrepreneurial, startup, small business industry
• General administration experience including budget management, report writing, etc.
• Alignment with Futurpreneur’s values and commitment to the mission/purpose of the organization
• Be a role model for Futurpreneur’s organizational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people
• Event planning and execution experience
• Experience using social media accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram)
Job posting period
Until 2023-10-03 at 00:00